Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TWD: Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

Short post today--things have been crazy over the past few weeks.  My poor dear Mom broke her ankle in 3 places and has been in a wheelchair and had surgery on it yesterday, so I'm kinda running between her house & mine.  Thankfully, this is just the kind of thing that she loves so I was excited to make them for us to share!

I was super thrilled as well to find meyer lemons at Walmart last week, so I used those for these instead of regular lemons.  I also reduced the poppyseeds by half b/c 2 tablespoons just seemed like a ton to me.
These were great--thanks so much to Betsy of A Cup of Sweetness for choosing this week's recipe.  Check out her blog or page 10 of Dorie's Baking from My Home to Yours for the recipe, and check out the TWD leave your link post to see who baked along!

6 comments:

  1. Your muffins look great! Hope your mom's ankle heals quickly, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mom is feeling better! Lovely muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just the thing to make your mom feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for baking with me this week. Hope your mom feels better soon! Your muffins look great.

    ReplyDelete